Peer Tutoring Center
Housed in the Merner Pfeiffer Library, The Peer Tutoring Center provides free tutoring services for all TWU students. Students are able to make an appointment or drop in during normal hours to receive help in a variety of areas.
The Peer Tutoring Center is a lifeline of academic support for many students. Whether a student is in need of test preparation, homework assistance, general study skills, paper writing help (including citations), organization, or any other academic support, our peer tutors ensure that each student’s needs are met. The Peer Tutoring Center is staffed by extensively trained peer tutors who will work with you in confidence in many academic subjects.
Our Peer Tutors:
- Have often had the same or similar struggles as their clients.
- Understand the frustrations that students may be feeling and the potential roadblocks to success. They can help students address those difficulties.
- “Speak the same language” and can better connect with students.
- Have great energy and enthusiasm for what they do. They are drawn to tutoring because they want to help others, and they want to do the job well.
- Help students to work toward self-responsibility and self-direction.
- Help students learn not only the subject matter, but how to learn and approach new material.
- Often provide social support as well as academic support.