You are required to live on campus unless you meet the following criteria:
- You are a resident in the home of your parent or legal guardian who lives within the commuting area (25 miles). Parent/legal guardian must provide copy of driver's license with local address and letter verifying that you will be living at home during the school year.
- You are married.
- You have custody of a child.
- You are a military veteran eligible for benefits under Public Law 358, G.I. bill effective 6/66.
- You are an independent student as defined by financial aid criteria.
- You are enrolled in your senior year and have an approved schedule, which, if successfully completed, will make you eligible for graduation within the academic year. You must have completed an intent to graduate form with the Registrar's Office for consideration.
- You are enrolled for less than 12 semester hours for the next semester. (You may not add hours after registration without being required to live on campus.)
International students requesting off-campus status should note the following:
- You must have lived on campus for at least one academic year.
- You must be enrolled in your senior year and complete the requirements above.
- If granted an exemption, you must immediately provide your new address to the Registrar's Office.
To be considered for residency exemption, returning students must submit the residency exemption form to the Residence Life Office by May 1 for fall term and November 1 for spring term.