We want you to get the most out of this weekend so we have prepared some special things just for you, as well as participating in Homecoming activities!
Live Music. Athletic Games. Food. Coffee with the President. Bowling. And More. Register early to guarantee a shirt for you and your family.
Schedule of Events
• 6:00 p.m. Lip Sync Entertainment
• 7:30 a.m. Bulldog 2 mile fun run/1K walk
• 8:30am to 11:30am On-site registration/ticket pick-up
• 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Coffee with the President
• 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Student Success Chat with Student Life Professionals
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Tailgate Picnic with live music, campus organization booths, face painting and inflatable for kids.
• 1:45 p.m. – Bulldog pep rally
• 2:00 p.m./4:00 p.m. – Women/Men Basketball Game
• 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Dinner and Family Bowling at Classic Lanes
• Allen UMC is having a special speaker Katie Morgan-Harper for their morning worship service.
Where can I lodge during Family Weekend?
Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, and Holiday Inn Express are all giving us special rates for this weekend. When you make your reservations must mention “Tennessee Wesleyan” and make sure they give you the discount.
Does my Tennessee Wesleyan student have to pay to attend Family Weekend events?
Yes. Anyone who wants to attend the official Family Weekend events must have a ticket, including TWU students. Tickets can be purchased online
Will you mail our Family Weekend event tickets?
No. When you register online, you need to bring your proof of purchase (Eventbrite confirmation) to registration Saturday at 9am to pick up your tickets.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please email Todd Humbert or call 423-746-5255.
What else is there to do during Family Weekend?
Family Weekend and Homecoming take place the same weekend! While enjoying Family Weekend, you can also attend Homecoming events. Some of these events overlap and are covered within cost of Family Weekend, such as the tailgate picnic, live music and athletic games, but others will require the purchase of a separate ticket from Homecoming registration.
Where do I park?
You will park in the large commuting lot on North Jackson St. Athens, TN 37303. You will not need a parking pass for this weekend events. This lot is wheelchair accessible.
You will see a tent at the head of the parking area where you will pick up your shirt and information for the day.
- What sort of tourist attractions does the Athens area offer?
Here are several things that your family could choose from:
- Free Mayfield Dairy tours on Saturday.
- Athens Regional Park large playground and walking areas.
- McMinn County Living Heritage Museum.
- Swift Museum (airplane) Foundation
- Sweetwater Valley Farm
- Sweetwater Lost Sea
- Drive out to Bald River Falls.
- Lots of surrounding hiking/walking sites.
- Also, there is plenty to do in Chattanooga and Knoxville. Just ask!