John E. Carroll
Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Energetic and educated professional with teaching experience in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Information Technology, Business and Education courses, I have over forty years management experience in electrical, electronics, telecommunications, computer information technology, business, and education. My student-focused attitude and best practice teaching methods enable students to gain a real-world understanding of theory and principles. Excellent social skills help encourage approachability and foster a comfortable learning environment in the classroom. Professional mentor and coach, I have successfully served students in numerous capacities, including faculty mentor, course advisor, computer purchase consultant and project management consultant. I have a solid background and firm understanding of the process required to develop program objectives and map course curriculum to achieve desired student outcomes, and have put this into practice as a course developer and review committee member.
• Educated in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computers, Business and Education; well versed in the application of business objectives of technology principles and their application to business.
• Highly competent, outcome driven with exceptional organizational skills.
• Extraordinarily responsive, attentive and precise communication with students and peers.
• Excellent references and recommendations by Department Chairs, students and colleagues.
• Real-life current management experience in Information Technology within several industries including government, healthcare, telecommunications and construction.
• Proactive; concerned with student education, understanding and responsive to the balance of student needs with department needs.