Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Build on your solid nursing foundation through our online RN to BSN completion program and complete your bachelor degree in as little as three semesters. Nurses holding an associate degree are the ideal candidate, but diploma nurses are encouraged to apply as well (upon completion of general education courses).
At the Tennessee Wesleyan Fort Sanders Nursing Department you’ll find a user-friendly online learning platform, one-day per semester face-to-face orientation and advisement and student-driven clinical projects that replace traditional pre-licensure clinical experiences. RN students have the opportunity to take proficiency tests for up to 12-credit hours toward their degree.
Gain the vital experience you need to improve patient outcomes, create efficient clinical operations and expand professional skills necessary for career advancement. Join our community of practice and take your discussions from the classroom to the frontlines.
Cost and Financial Aid
You won’t have to choose between affordability and quality with the online BSN program.
- $325 per credit hour
- $300 per credit hour for Covenant Health employees
Online BSN students are eligible for all federal and state aid including:
- student loans
Due to the already discounted tuition rate for this program, institutional scholarships are unavailable. You may be eligible for deferred payment options available through employer reimbursement plans.
The skills you acquired during your pre-licensure courses are an important foundation for your nursing career. The program’s required projects are designed to build upon that foundation to develop and expand professional competences. With advisement from a nursing faculty member, you are given the opportunity to choose your clinical project based on your current career goals and interests. You will develop a practice change project or an evidence-based research project that can be implemented in your current work environment. Examples include:
- staff education seminar related to an agency need;
- development or updating of a clinical guideline, care plan or policy;
- data collection or staff education related to the Joint Commission Core Measure;
- implementation of an EBP project;
- development of patient teaching materials or toolkit;
- evaluate Effectiveness and Efficiency of Continuity of Care project; or
- development of a management proposal to address a quality care or patient safety issue.
To be considered for admission to the online BSN program all students must:
- Complete online application.
- Submit official academic transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Must have a current, unrestricted RN license prior to the start of the second semester.
All interested nursing students are encouraged to contact an advisor to schedule a one-on-one appointment to review previous coursework, develop an individualized curriculum plan and offer planning strategies.