Master of Arts in Teaching Admission Requirements
Now accepting applications for May 2020
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Students who do not have a bachelor's degree in one of the licensure areas must pass all appropriate PRAXIS specialty area content assessments within the last three years.
- Official transcripts from all previous college or university coursework.
- Overall GPA of 2.75 OR 3.0 in the last 60 hours of degree.
- 2 professional letters of recommendation supporting applicant’s academic qualifications. Recommendations must be from individuals knowledgeable of applicant as a student or employee.
- Attach an essay stating the candidate’s reasons for desiring a career in teaching. Essay should be prepared in 11-point Arial font, double-spaced and no more than two pages in length.
- TBI Background check with fingerprinting. Must be submitted directly to Tennessee Wesleyan University.
Once all required matierials have been received, the MAT Graduate Advisory Council (GAC) will evaluate the candidate’s application. All applicants will be informed in writing of the committee’s decision.
The GAC will determine whether a candidate is job-embedded by employment verification with a public school.