Title: Part-time Clinical Counselor
Tennessee Wesleyan University is currently recruiting for a Clinical Counselor in the Office of Student Life. The Counselor will contribute to student success by providing needed therapeutic mental health services.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or related field required, Ph.D./Psy.D. encouraged.
Experience and Training:
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Tennessee, Licensed Psychologist with HSP designation, or LCSW, LMFT in Tennessee.
- Experience working with college or university counseling center preferred.
- Experience with Group Work, LGBTQ+ populations and/or eating disorders is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Knowledge of broad range of personal counseling methods
- Knowledge of and ability to use crisis intervention skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take 24 hour/day on-call (pager) emergency duty, as needed
- Provides counseling support services for Tennessee Wesleyan University students in a variety of formats and dimensions, including provision of group therapy
- Supports developmental education, as a part of the overall responsibility of Student Life
- Aids students in exploring all their options when considering a leave of absence or withdrawing from the university
- Makes off-campus referrals for counseling and psychiatric needs when necessary
- Maintains confidential, written clinical documentation of counseling sessions
- Follow confidentiality and ethical guidelines of governing licensure board
- Supports training and development for students and faculty as it relates to counseling issues
- Provides consultation services to individual faculty, programs and departments
- Effectively communicates and advocates with student’s support network when necessary
- Supports student self-help and wellness activities
- Supports school-wide events for students such as but not limited to move-in weekend, graduation and family weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Life
Review of application materials will begin immediately with an anticipated start date of February 1, 2020. Please forward a cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that celebrates the all-encompassing diversity of its student body. TWU is committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for the campus community that includes a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. TWU faculty and staff have a passion and desire to prepare students from a broad spectrum of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds towards personal and professional success. TWU encourages applications from candidates without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.